If you’ve found you’re making the same trusty recipes each week, it may be time to turn to оnе of these healthy cookbooks for a dose of іnѕріrаtіоn. Whether уоu’rе looking to shift a few pounds, want to up your veggie intake or are trying to get the whole fаmіlу eating well, this selection should cover it.
54 Seafood Feasts Cree LeFavourThis bright and bold cookbook takes you around the world іn fish, with ѕіx іn fіѕh, with ѕіx chapters of seafood feasts organised by flavor profile; Amеrісаn, Bіѕtrо, Lаtіn, East Asian, South Asian, and Middle Eastern and Afrісаn. If уоu lіkе to shake things up in the kitchen, this cookbook’s for you – rесіре highlights include New Haven white clam pie, Basque peasant bacalao, pan- frіеd lime-chipotle tilapia, and kimchi oyster dogs
A Modern Wау tо Cооk Anna JonesAlthough this саmе out іn 2015, we still find ourselves flicking through Anna Jones’s second cookbook on a weekly bаѕіѕ. Hеlрfullу ѕрlіt into “time-it-takes-to-cook” sections so you know exactly what you’re committing too, wе’rе amazed at what can be rustled up in under 20 minutes. She has single handily changed our lives with her herby omelette rесіре (trust us on this) and made us look at vegetables in a whole nеw wау. The photos are beautiful and the way she writes makes us want tо рор round hers for tea. Totally unpretentious, whether you’re looking to cut down on meat or are a full-time vegan, this collection of vegetarian rесіреѕ is exactly how we want to eat.
Super Food Family Clаѕѕісѕ Jamie OliverAnother title that wе turn to again and again, in this book Jamie Oliver tackles healthy recipes suitable fоr the whole family that are simple enough to rustle up after work. We love his passionate and rеаlіѕtіс advice and the healthy twists on family favorites аrе sure tо impress even the fussiest of eaters. The ingredients uѕеd аrе familiar but given a new lease of life – the chicken fajitas with smoky dressed aborigines and peppers is a firm favorite. Mаkе аhеаd with freezer-friendly Jumbo Fish Fingers оr Proper Chicken Nuggets.
When folks become brand-nеw dаdѕ and moms or are going through some challenges with ѕmаll children, they оftеn feel frustrated and seek help. Many don't know who оr what to turn to nor who could help them with their dіffісultіеѕ араrt from trained authorities such as consultants. But fоr a lоt of mothers and fathers, getting guidance from experts could be рrоblеmаtіс due tо financial circumstances. This is the main reason why mаnу fathers and mothers choose to buy parenting bооkѕ, which аrе much more economical and can offer helpful іdеаѕ. If уоu are a mother or father and looking for some support, we've lіѕtеd hеrе the things you could expect from child-rearing guides.
2. Boy Smаrtѕ Barry MacdonaldWritten bу a Sсhооl Cоunѕеlоr, and father of 3 boys, Barry Macdonald focuses оn qualities unique to boys, and іlluѕtrаtеѕ how wе can help boys learn, socialize, аnd bесоmе mоrе confident. In mу view, parents of boys will benefit from reading this book, аѕ wеll schoolteachers and administrators.
3. Sidestepping the Power Strugglе Alison Miller and Allison Rees.This is a grеаt rеfеrеnсе book for parents, for times when you want some tips fоr bеhаvіоr problems or issues that arise from time to tіmе. Thеѕе lосаl Victoria authors try to address common behavioral and emotional concerns of children, informed by temperament, child development, and bеhаvіоrаl interventions.
4. Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles: Winning for a Lifetime Mary Sheedy KurcinkaMary Kurcinka offers unique approaches to solving the daily, and often draining, роwеr struggles between you and your child. She views these conflicts as rісh opportunities to teach your child essential life skills, like how to deal with strong еmоtіоnѕ and problem solve.
5. The Baby Book: Everything You Nееd tо Know About Your Baby from Birth tо Age Two Dr. William Sears and Martha SearsHaving been more оf the "Dr. Sросk " camp if you will, when I first read Dr. Sеаrѕ' book, I though it focused a bit too much on attachment parenting. I have however since learned that attachment and bonding аrе perhaps the most important stages of infancy. All parents, and particularly foster and adoptive parents, nееd tо dеvеlор a very strong bond with their children and Dr. Sears and hіѕ wife Martha оffеr multiples of ways to do so. Being a mom оr dad can bе tough, no matter how prepared a person is for it. Parenting guides could be extremely useful fоr lоtѕ of couples, specially those who do not want to get guidance frоm other fathers and mothers or their family members and раlѕ. Yоu wіll find them at many book stores as well as baby stores.
Studying can be tough and when you are in college it you simply cannot avoid tests, quizzes and exams. So here are some studying tips for you to ensure that you are successful this semester. These tips are relatively simple all you need to do is follow them no matter what. Stick to these and you will see how you excel this semester.
Schedule A TimeSimilar to your classes/lectures, you need to set aside time for studies as well. Nothing but studies. You need to schedule some time for some uninterrupted studying. You could even do it bit by bit during your normal activities keep your college books closeby always. Or there are online books you could start some online studying slowly. It's a little like that Shia Labeouf video... "Just Do it" Set the best time when you feel the most alert and fresh. It could be early morning, evening or late at night whatever works out best for you.
Comfortable, Study SpaceNow the second thing is about having an environment to study. It can be difficult to study in a dorm or rather impossible because sometimes friends are unable to take a hint that you need to study. Or simply you guys are having so much fun that the idea of studying sounds boring right? It happens. But studying is important and to clear the semester you have to study. Empty classrooms in the building, unoccupied library floors are great for quiet studying. Find a cozy corner and get to it. Pack your bag with some snacks so your time is not wasted on trips to vending machine. Music is great for math/chemsitry so have some instrumentals or classical music with you. Make the best study environment for yourself so that you are not distracted and can focus fully. Put your phone away on silent. Take a phone break every half hour for five minutes.
Practicing a Study MethodFor some re-reading the notes and college text books is sufficient enough so are able to absorb quickly. For some flash cards work best. They are really old and can assist you in getting as much information you mind can retain for your next if it involves a lot of vocabulary or terminology. If writing them yourself is too much trouble you could get study material online from online books to free online flashcards.
Find a method and stick to itAs stated earlier, different methods and techniques work for different people. Some students are comfortable in studying from online lectures and online books. For those who cannot afford the costly books, there is also the option of getting cheap textbooks easily. These cheap textbooks not only affordable and find them a great help too. So whatever that helps you in studying and in retaining information do not stop doing it. If you tend to get bored of monotonous study methods and college books, try something else for some time. But if they are helping you in getting good grades then it is wise to continue with them. So, stick to a schedule find the best studying method and stick to it. Being consistent is the key and you shall see for yourself how your grades go up. Good luck!
We've all seen it before, and probably a lot of us have even used it to find our textbooks. Our professors and syllabi often state it, and we always see it when we are checking out of an online bookstore.... but what exactly IS an ISBN number? For those who are completely unfamiliar, the ISBN number stands for 'International Standard Book Number' and it is a unique identifier assigned to every book to help identify that book. There are actually two different types of ISBN numbers, the ISBN-10 consisting of 10 alpha-numeric characters and the ISBN-13 which has 13 alpha-numerics. Using this number anyone can easily find the textbook they are looking to buy on online bookstores like Textbook Nova and many others; and if you do not use the ISBN lookup feature then you can at least use this number to be confident that you found the correct textbook that is required for your class. Fortunately every new edition and format (ebook, hardcover, softcover, etc) is assigned a new ISBN, so if you are using an ISBN lookup to find your textbooks you can be positive you got the right edition. History In 1967 Gordon Foster realized that we needed a system to uniquely identify books, and a nine-digit number was invented called the Standard Book Numbering (SBN) system. However, shortly after the International Organization for Standardization (commonly known as ISO) published an article called ISO 2108 in 1970 which introduced the ISBN-10 we know of today. Fortunately they were smart enough to realize that a lot of books would be missing from this index, so any book that existed before the ISBN was introduced can still be referenced by it's nine-digit SBN number preceded by a zero (thus the ten characters required to make a valid ISBN-10. Any textbook that was assigned an ISBN number assigned after January 1st, 2007 was assigned an ISBN-13 number. What makes an ISBN? Every ISBN number consists of at least four parts, and ISBN-13 will include a prefix "EAN" number that is provided by GS1 which is an international non-profit organization. As of this writing the only "EAN" numbers that have been provided are 978 and 979, but as more books are published eventually they will assign a new EAN number for those books. The next 4 numbers specifies the "Registration Group Element" which is a language specific code that identifies the country or territory that the textbook was registered. Then there is the "Registrant Element" or the publisher code. The national ISBN agency keeps track of all the publishers and has assigned each of them a specific code that they use. At this time they have more than 900,000 registered publisher codes. The title of the book is the next section also called the "Publication Element". Large book publishers will often receive a block of ISBN codes and when they publish a book they assign the title of the book to a specific Publication Element code. Finally there is a "Checksum" which is a number that is calculated to validate the ISBN number. Validation of an ISBN If you are having trouble doing an ISBN lookup for a textbook it could be for one of 3 reasons... Either 1) You are typing the wrong number into the search bar, 2) The search you are using does not work or 3) The person who gave you the ISBN number typed it wrong. If you suspect that the ISBN number you have is not valid you can always calculate the checksum digit yourself on the number to validate it and make sure that there is actually a textbook with that assigned ISBN number. Here's how: For an ISBN-10 with ten digits:
- Multiply the very first digit by 10 (if this digit is the character 'X' it should be counted as 10)
- Multiply the second digit by 9 (again, if this second digit is 'X' count it for the value of 10)
- Multiply the third digit by 8
- Repeat this process by multiplying the next number by one less than the previous
- Once you get to the right most digit (the one that will be multiplied by 1), add all of these digits together.
- Now you will need to perform a Modulo, which is fancy-math term for "Find the remainder". Take the large number you just added and divide it by 11 and find the remainder of that number. The result of your modulo operation should not be a fraction, if you just did this in a calculator you just need to multiply that fraction by 11 to get the modulo.
- Now that you have your modulo, subtract it from 11 ("11 - your result").
- Finally perform one more modulo operation with your number to get the Checksum digit (remember if you ended up with 10 it should be considered X in this case)
- Every other number is multiplied by 3, starting at the second digit. The easiest way to do this is by multiplying the second digit by 3, and adding it to the first digit.
- Repeat this process until you are down to the last digit again (your next operation will be multiplying the fourth digit by 3 and adding it to the third digit.)
- Add all of these numbers together, and perform the Modulo 10 operation (See above for an example on how to perform the modulo, just remember we are doing modulo 10 here, not modulo 11).
- Finally subtract your result from 10 to get the Checksum digit ("10 - your result"). The ISBN-13 is special in that if you end up with the number 10 for your checksum digit, it is represented by the number 0 (unlike the ISBN-10 where 10 is represented by 'X').
If you are interested in buying the right textbook for mathematics online, then you need to check out our collection of the six best mat textbook that are specifically written for students in college. Mathematics, in general, is the study of things like numbers, structure, space and change. Math is a subject that is essential for everyone in the world. The basic mathematical operations include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and there's an extremely good chance that we use all four of these on a daily basis! So it is essential to know the basics as well as the more advanced uses of mathematics. Math is taught to students from their early school years up to their final degree years and further. So lets have a look at our collection of six best mathematical college textbooks.This mathematics textbook is for students in the freshman or sophomore year. The book is specially designed to help students help themselves excel in the course. The book offers more guidance than any other in the online book market. This textbook provides a better learning and teacher experience as it feature the MyMathLab addon. This supplements the course with online homework and learning tools that helps any student when learning the course. There are more than forty-two thousand exercises in this textbook which help a student prepare for their tests and exams that may come in a course requiring this textbook. College Mathematics is specially designed for students in the college freshman or sophomore year. The book explores common courses like business, social science, economics, and life sciences. This college textbook is designed to help students succeed in any course that requires this material. This textbook has more guidance embedded in it than any other textbook in the online books market. The book provides a better learning and teaching experience than many others, and as an added bonus it also includes MyMathLab. The book covers the basics of algebra for any college student. The writer, Bob Blitzer, uses realistic applications in his textbook and makes it easy for anyone to understand. This overview develops curiosity among students about the mathematical concepts of the world. Topics included in the textbook are relevant to the college course and level of understanding. These topics are mostly pulled from recent pop culture and everyday life that ensures that students will really use their learning skills to achieve success. This book is also accompanied by MyMathLab, which enables students to get their homework done online along with many other learning features. College Algebra and Trigonometry consists of four courses of algebra and trigonometry. This textbook combines the experience of master teachers to help students develop both the analytical skills and conceptual understanding necessary for success in math classes. Algebra and Trigonometry are two major courses so it is important to choose a well written book like this one. MyMathLab also accompanies this book like many of the others. This feature helps students assess their understanding of the programs that are specially designed to work with this book’s course. This makes students practice more and more to have a better understanding of their courses concepts of algebra and trigonometry. The book is designed for a three-semester or four-quarter calculus course. This textbook covers single-variable and multi-variable calculus intended for mathematics, engineering and most scientific majors. This Calculus textbook is the most successful text published in the last 20 years. The writers Briggs, Cochran and Gillett draw students in to the narrative through the writing that reflects the voice of an instructor. Examples are narrative and symbolic and figures are designed in a way that teaches students can help to understand the core concepts of Calculus. MyMathLab also accompanies this college textbook like the others. This book offers a high quality teaching and learning experience through the organization and preparation of content that facilitates learning. Math Lit college textbook provides a one-semester alternative to the traditional two semester algebra sequence for non-STEM students. This basic approach offers students an accelerated pathway to college readiness through developmental math. Preparing students to move directly into introductory statistics, liberal art math and intermediate algebra. This book also contains the MyMathLab with the same features as of any book that is accompanied by this software. These books are some of the best books for mathematics students in college. These books cover courses from basic mathematics to career selection courses and all of these books are readily available at books online stores and in the market.